Simply Sound Society

Simply Sound Society

Register

Welcome To

How to Create a Robust Emergency Fund: Tips and Strategies:

Forums Financial Care How to Create a Robust Emergency Fund: Tips and Strategies:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

The cornerstone of financial security, an emergency fund is essential for weathering life’s unforeseen events. Dive into discussions and learn how to establish, grow, and maintain a safety net for your finances. Whether you’re starting from scratch or looking to bolster an existing fund, discover actionable steps, best practices, and expert strategies. Equip yourself with the knowledge to navigate financial surprises with ease and peace of mind. Ideal for both financial novices seeking guidance and experienced savers looking to optimize their approach.

Simply Sound Society Member

I recommend that you save automatically BEFORE you pay bills. Have the money taken from your check and deposit directly into a high-yield savings account. For emergency funds, I don’t recommend investing in long-term investment funds or stocks. This is because should you need the money and you have to get to it quickly, you have an extra hurdle, and mutual funds and stocks carry far more risk than a secure high-yield savings account. But more importantly, if you withdraw the funds from an investment that has been held for less than a year, you’ll have to pay short-term capital gains tax on the earnings. In a high-yield savings vehicle, you are free of a higher tax rate on the earnings. Of course, the earnings will be taxed as interest at your normal income rate.

American Express has the best high-yield savings account that I could find right now. It’s a great 4.35% APY!!! This is a safer bet. Here’s the link: https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/banking/online-savings/high-yield-savings/

Simply Sound Society Member

Thank you @Dawdlin, great information! Since you mentioned high-interest rates for saving, I had to mention this! Credit Karma has a free savings account in which you can earn 4.1% interest, sign up free!

Voices

Replies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.